Thursday, January 24, 2013

Workouts: killer 5-minute abs routine

On a Saturday morning not too long ago, I was in my kickboxing class practicing up on some moves during a freestyle round. In an attempt to work on a technique that I'd been having particular trouble with, I ended up rolling my ankle, thus forcing me into cardio-confinment until all is healed. Staying off my ankle has not been easy for me; even when I'm sick, I get antsy after laying low for more than a few days. 

Though minor, my injury has definitely been a major setback. On the bright side, the incident  motivated me to start exploring some exercises that I've yet to try out! With the time I would normally be using to do cardio, I've come to discover some great workouts that I've been adding into my weekly regimen. 

While searching through SHAPE.com yesterday, I came across a fitness video that I found to be especially helpful. Challenging and effective, fitness trainer Jessica Smith gives the rundown for a 5-minute abs routine that will have your core working like crazy. Not able to fit in much time at the gym today? If working out in a time-crunch (pun intended) and need to get in your abdominal work, give these moves a go! No equipment is required, so you can do them from the comfort of your own room. Talk about convenience! With no excuses to spare, go ahead and roll out the yoga mat and get ready to feel the burn!

I'm not able to put the video directly into the post, but you can find it by clicking the link here

No comments:

Post a Comment