Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Today's mid-day snack: a deviation from the usual

Today for my mid-day snack, I decided to mix things up a bit. Instead of reaching for a handful of almonds or preparing a sweet potato like I usually do, after my trip to Trader Joe's, I felt inspired to do something different. Upon arriving at the store,  I headed straight to their sampling station (as I do every time I go there- I'm a huge fan of samples). Being served today was chicken tortilla soup, which prompted me to make a Mexican-inspired snack of half an avocado topped with some spicy salsa. A very easy snack that can be prepared in just a number of minutes, it's packed with an abundance of nutritional benefits, including healthy fat that will keep you feeling satiated, a host of vitamins of minerals, and a rev to the metabolism from both the avocado and the heat of the salsa. Next time you're feeling for something flavorful and antioxidant-rich, why not try this snack out?

1 comment:

  1. Ha, I ate exactly this yesterday. One of my favorites around 4pm. That corn salsa is great. -RP

    ReplyDelete