Monday, January 7, 2013

Arctic Zero: the best ice-cream a health freak could ask for


If any of you are like myself, you have a huge sweet-tooth that is constantly wanting to be satisfied. I love finding healthy substitutes for some of my favorite desserts, and after being told about Arctic Zero ice-cream, I made a mad dash for the food store. Coming in a variety of flavors, this ice-cream is only 150 calories for the entire pint! With only 37 calories and 5 grams of sugar per serving (not to mention 3.4 grams of whey protein and 2 grams of fiber), you can consume the whole thing in a single sitting without feeling the guilt! This fat-free, lactose-intolerant friendly, and gluten-free ice-cream is always stocked in my freezer. It may not measure up to Haagen-Dazs, but given the insanely low calorie and fat intake, I'm completely satisfied with it.  In my opinion, not all flavors are created equally. I personally wouldn't recommend the chocolate-peanut butter or the mint chocolate (I feel as though they lack in flavor), but I absolutely LOVE the coffee, cookies and cream, and maple vanilla. Arctic Zero is still new to the market scene and is not yet sold in all grocery stores, but you can typically find it at Fresh and Easy, Whole Foods, and some Ralphs'. You can check out their website as well to see if it's carried at a store near you (http://www.myarcticzero.com/locations.php). So give it a try! It may be your new favorite treat!

5 comments:

  1. yum! being my health conscious self, I scoped whole foods a little more for some healthy, low(er) calorie ice cream alternatives and found coconut milk non-dairy fudge bars :) at only 80 calories and 3.5 grams of total fat, i was satisfied. here is the website of the company who makes them. thought you would maybe enjoy! http://sodeliciousdairyfree.com/products/coconut-milk-frozen-desserts/organic-minis-fudge-bars

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much elleblaire they sound amazing! You always have such great suggestions, I'll have to buy a box on my next run over!

      Delete
    2. :) keep me posted

      Delete
    3. Hey elleblaire- I bought the So Delicious mini fudge pops yesterday and they were great! I was a bit disappointed by the small portion (they’re not messing around when they say mini), but it was enough to satisfy my chocolate craving! Thanks again for the recommendation!

      Delete