Thursday, April 25, 2013

Workouts: the wonders of the resistance band

I recently ordered a set of resistance bands, and to say that I was a little excited upon their arrival would be a massive understatement. The resistance band is a low-cost and portable way to modify some of your exercises that may be becoming too easy. As you grow stronger, you might find yourself continuously increasing your sets of reps. With this, your routine could begin to take much longer to complete.

If time is of the essence, consider picking up a resistance band. The added pressure will provide a much needed push to your muscles, and if the band provides you that much of an extra challenge, you may even find yourself having to decrease the number of reps you were doing previously and then work your way back up! This is exactly what I'm doing with a particular exercise that I love.

I've recently found one of my favorite exercises, clamshells, was becoming too easy for me. After strapping my new resistance band around my thighs, I began to feel the burn shortly after beginning my first set. Needless to say, I can't wait to start incorporating my resistance bands into other exercises!

If you have a resistance band of your own or are considering buying one, check out these resistance band exercises from Greatist and put that band and your muscles to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment