Saturday, March 16, 2013

Workouts: getting down with your squats

Though they may not be the most enjoyable of exercises, I happen to be a huge fan of squats. Yes, they burn like crazy, but the bottom line is that they give you great results! When I first started to incorporate squats into my workout routine, completing a set wasn't so easy. After the first few squats, I would begin to feel the burn, and I had to push myself to keep my form and go down into the full squat (not just the half-squat so many of us would rather be doing) until I completed the set. What's great though is that the more I worked at them, the easier they became, and after no time I was able to increase my number of reps per set!

If you're looking to tone up your legs and glutes, I would highly recommend throwing some squats into your workout routine! For some different squat types, check out these twelve different variations from SHAPE Magazine by clicking the link here!

No comments:

Post a Comment