Saturday, March 2, 2013

Coco Truffle tea: a crave-crushing drink

Last night my sweet tooth decided to pay me an unexpected visit. Unprepared and unwilling to hop back in my car for what would have seemed like the thousandth time that day, I decided to rummage around my kitchen cabinets for something other than my usual dessert suspects (black licorice, dark chocolate, Arctic Zero ice cream). I was hoping to come across something different that didn't involve me creating a mess, and to my own surprise, I made a crave-vanishing discovery! I had completely forgotten about the coco truffle tea my step-mom had sent to me in a care package a month back, not having tried it previously due to my skepticism over chocolate-flavored tea.

This tea by Tea Forte took me by surprise; never had I imagined that any type of tea could be a suitable substitute for a solid piece of chocolate. After adding in a couple of Stevia packets, this tea resembled a cup of hot chocolate. The consistency was thinner, and it may not have been quite as rich as the actual thing, but the two were tastefully similar. Hey, for nearly zero calories, I'll take it, and the antioxidant intake is an added bonus. If you're interested in trying this awesome tea, you can check it out by clicking the link here, though you can find other types of cacao tea at the grocery store as well. I know I'll definitely be picking up another box on my next run over!


No comments:

Post a Comment