Thursday, August 15, 2013

Quinoa-Stuffed Bell Peppers: a simple(y), stunning meal

If you're having friends or family over for dinner and want to impress them with the insane cooking skills that you may or may not possess, quinoa-stuffed bell peppers make for a superb choice. After picking up far too many vegetables from the grocery store for a meal I was preparing, I wasn't sure what to do with the bell peppers I had left-over. Doing what I always do when in food-related doubt, I turned to Pinterest, where I found a recipe for roasted, stuffed-bell peppers.

I'd never ventured into making a stuffed-dish of any kind before, thinking those recipes were to be left for skilled cooks. Not so, my friends! These bell peppers were incredibly easy to make and were bursting with flavor. A bit of sautéing of the vegetables, boiling of the quinoa, deseeding of the peppers, and you're ready to throw them into the oven! I strayed from the original recipe a bit, using kale, onions, and some garlic powder instead of kale, shallots, and mushrooms to add into my quinoa mix. Since I absolutely hate to waste food, I'm a big advocate of using whatever's on-hand.

(The quinoa on the inside of the peppers was actually
quite fluffy, unlike the crispy outer-layer, pictured) 
For a beautifully presented meal that's deceptively easy to make, whip up some of these peppers and get ready to blow your guests away! For the original recipe and cooking directions, click the link here!

P.S. ~
I'll be out of town for the weekend visiting family, so I'll be taking a short hiatus from the blog. Be sure to check back in on Tuesday!


2 comments: