Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Workouts: exercises to blast away the pooch

The lower abs can be a difficult area to tone for many, so I always get excited when I come across a good exercise that gets those muscles working... or five or eight of them. I unintentionally came across a video demonstrating eight different moves to hit the lower abs after finishing up another workout video from Shape. I was about to close out of it when I realized that I had struck fitness gold. While all of the exercises presented in The 8 Best Exercises for Lower Abs video are effective, I'm especially a fan of the Frog Press, Resisted Single-Leg Stretch, and the Criss-Cross Lift and Switch. I'm telling you— implementing these moves during your next workout will give that trouble zone a run for its money. If you're interested in trying them for yourself, you can click the link here (or any of the three given exercises above) to view each of them with their step by step instructions and modifications to increase or decrease intensity. After you've given those a look, you may want to check out the corresponding instructional video (provided in the link above) just to be extra sure your form is correct. Who knows, you may end up adding a few of these exercises into your routine as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment