Thursday, June 13, 2013

Workouts: flat back

Recently, many of my friends have been asking me for suggestions on effective ab-exercises. When looking for some new recommendations to give, I came across a deceptively simple-looking exercise that I found via my Workouts board on Pinterest that called for no equipment, only a wall. I tried it out, but probably should have given my abs some forewarning; they definitely weren't ready for what was coming to them. With my back pressed against the wall, hands pressed firmly on the ground for support, knees slightly bent and feet lifted, I held the position until I felt I could hold it no longer, which was about 30 seconds. For those who would rather ease into this exercise, it can be modified by tapping your left foot to the ground and lifting it back up, then doing the same with your right foot, continuing to alternate feet throughout the set. To view this exercise and its description, click the link here.

If you choose to hold the position, I don't recommend implementing it in public. An onslaught of unattractive facial expressions may ensue. If you don't believe me, grab a camera, set it to self-timer, and position it in front of you while doing this exercise. I'm pretty confident it won't be considered for your next Facebook profile picture, but hey, maybe this is only the case when I do it myself. For all I know, you may look stunning throughout, which is why you should try doing this exercise yourself to find out! If the result isn't what you were hoping for, you'll at least be left with a major feeling of accomplishment from getting in some great abdominal work!

No comments:

Post a Comment